INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — The exhibition part of the 2013 WQA Aquatech USA show kicked off April 3 with the opening general session, industry update and award presentation.
WQA President Dar Watts, American Aqua Incorporated, opened the session by stating, “We’ve got a great venue this week and some very interesting topics.”
Many industry leaders were honored during the WQA Awards Presentation. Among the winners were:
• Knox Williams – Hall of Fame award
• P. Regunathan, PhD – Lifetime Membership award
• D.J. Shannahan – Key Award
• David K. Farley, Sr. – Ray Cross Award
• Frank DeSilva – Regents Award
• Daina Grace and Edward (Ted) Jones IV – Award of Merit
• Jonathan Ben-David and Colonel Kim – International Award of Merit
• Pete Conaty – Honorary Membership Award
• Kurt C. Peterson – Membership Recruitment Awards
• Alfred Lipshultz – Quality Circle Award
Regunathan, who has been part of the water treatment industry for over 45 years, said, “I am very proud to receive this award. In all these years I have worked with directors and CEOs, but I have always enjoyed working with technical people.”
Watts, WQA Board of Governor Sam Karge, Pentair, and WQA Executive Director Dave Haataja ended the session by giving an update on the state of the industry and what has changed since the last show.