Established 86 years ago as a heating and ventilation show, the International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition (AHR Expo) has become “the world’s largest HVACR marketplace” for the industry. From product designers and engineers to installers and end users, more than 65,000 heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) professionals from 165 countries worldwide are expected to gather in Chicago to learn about the latest technologies and develop business relationships.
New products and ideas come to the exhibition floor in a forum that provides an opportunity for attendees to test equipment and services and exchange information. The AHR Expo is co-sponsored by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) and the Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Institute (AHRI). It is held concurrently with ASHRAE’s Winter Conference.
HVACR areas of interest
The AHR Expo will have areas designated to three distinct sections on the show floor that focus on specific products and services. Attendees with a focus on certain interests can dedicate their time to a single area with a range of similar products.
- The building automation and control showcase area is designated to building automation; energy and facility management systems; climate controls; monitoring systems; wireless and cloud-based options; and other networked building systems including lighting, security and fire alarms.
- The software center is designated for HVACR-related software (off-the-shelf or customized) for project and field service management.
- Indoor air quality association pavilion is designated for association exhibitors to present products, such as air quality monitors, exhaust fans, environmental testing systems and dehumidifiers.
More than 2,000 manufacturers and suppliers will be exhibiting at AHR Expo 2018. Among the 770 different product categories, areas in the water industry include:
- Boiler water treatment
- Liquid level controls
- Water filters
- Flow control/flowmeters
- Heat exchangers
- Water heaters
- Temperature and vibration monitors
- Radiant cooling and heating
- Water cooling
New product & technology theater
Eighty brief presentations that give an overview of exhibitors’ products will be presented in the new product and technology theater. Advanced registration is not necessary.
ASHRAE’s Winter Conference will offer review sessions and exams. There also will be HVAC Review and North American Technician Excellence testing.