FRANCE — An 8-year-old boy who was attending summer camp in southwestern France has allegedly passed away due to the tap water, which was known to be contaminated, according to The Local.

Seven other children staying at the camp are also suffering from the effects of the contaminated water at the St. Bernard Chalet at the camp in the Ariege area, noted the article.

An autopsy has revealed that the boy died from an acute intestinal infection. Supposedly he became sick after a few days of being at the camp, which had been under orders to serve only bottled water since July 4, 2014, after tests had revealed the presence of coliform bacteria in its water source, stated the article.

Read the entire article here.