Answers to these questions appear here.
1. When joining two pieces of pipe made of the same material, an insulating connector should be used. (True or false)
2. Only burrs on the outside of a piece of pipe need to be removed. Inside burrs are of concern only if they might injure the installer. (True or false)
3. A bypass valve should be installed on any whole-house treatment system. (True or false)
4. Backwashing filters require a critical water flow rate. (True or false)
5. An ultraviolet (UV) sterilizer should not be operated outside the conditioner chamber. (True or false)
6. At what pH range do manganese greensand filters operate most effectively?
a. 7.2 to 7.8
b. 6.5 to 7.5
c. 7.5 to 8.5
d. above 9
7. In addition to a chemical feed pump and a mineral tank, what does a chemical feed oxidizing filter system require?
a. reverse osmosis
b. brine tank
c. solution tank
d. retention tank
8. Which of the following are components of a typical home, undersink (line pressure) reverse osmosis (RO) system?
a. storage tank
c. booster pump
9. For best results, what is the minimum operating pressure for a residential line RO unit?
a. 10 psi
b. 20 psi
c. 30 psi
d. 100 psi
10. In which of the following sites can the drain clamp on a residential RO system be installed?
a. vertical section of drain
b. drain trap
c. horizontal section of pipe