1. Disinfection and sterilization of water have the same meaning. (True or False)
2. All bacteria are harmful. (True or False)
3. Bacterial diseases transmitted by drinking contaminated water include:
a. Typhoid fever
b. Infectious hepatitis
4 & 5. Compared to bacteria, viruses are (4) _____ resistant and protozoa are (5) _____ resistant to chemical water disinfectants such as chlorine.
6. U.S. EPA regulations specify that public water system sample results must show an absence of all bacteria. (True or False)
7. Disinfection is the only treatment process that removes microorganisms from water. (True or False)
8, 9 & 10. Three physical means of disinfection that can be used to destroy pathogenic microorganisms in water without the addition of chemicals include: (8) ________ rays, (9) _______ waves and (10) _______.