SAN FRANCISCO — Isle Utilities will sponsor a roundtable on “Building an Innovation Culture in a Utility” during the Smart H2O Summit on Aug. 19 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., according to a press release.
The session “will explore how a heavily regulated industry, often with limited access to funding, can develop an innovation mindset among its workforce,” noted the release.
A panel of utility, consultant and financial experts will facilitate the discussion, stated the release. Bill Kelly of Waterspout Consulting will lead the talk.
“Fostering a culture of innovation is widely agreed to be an absolute imperative for the utility of the future,” said John Pearson, Smart H2O Summit conference chairman, in the release. “The myriad challenges of building tomorrow’s sustainable water network demand no less than revolutionary approaches to technology implementation and to business partnering.”
- Howard Brewan, Superintendent Water Resources Recovery Facility, City of San Luis Obispo
- Pete Schoemann, Director of O&M and Emergency Preparedness, Contra Costa Water District
- Laura Shenkar, Principal, Artemis Water Strategy
- Nitin Goel, PE, National Disinfection Technologist Kennedy/Jenks Consultants
- Alexander von Welczeck, Managing Partner, Clean Power Capital
- Bill Kelly (Moderator), Waterspout Consulting
Those interested in registering can do so here.