Dresser Roots acquires ESCOR
Dresser Roots’ acquisition of assets of ESCOR, a Milwaukee, WI-based engineering and design firm that provides control systems for use in wastewater treatment systems, strengthens it as a single source supplier of both blowers and aeration systems. Established in 2001, ESCOR - composed of Energy Strategies Corp. and Jenkins Engineering Inc. - is recognized for its advanced blower/system control scheme that reduces electrical power needs of the aeration system in treatment plants.
Aquatech, Eco-Tec win KCPL deals
Aquatech International Corp. was recently awarded a water treatment contract by Kansas City Power & Light (KCPL), in Kansas City, MO, for its Iatan Generating Station Unit 2. The contract includes supply of mechanical vapor compressor-driven evaporators to treat flue gas desulfurization (FGD) scrubber blowdown wastewater. Eco-Tec integrated water treatment components for this project include two trains of Spectrum Micro Media FiltersTM, Eco-ROTM and Recoflo® polishers for demineralized water quality of less than 0.1 μS/cm.
Sherwin-Williams wins service award
The Sherwin-Williams Company was named “2006 Best Supplier of the Year” by Steel Plus Network’s 80 steel fabricator members. Founded in 1995, Steel Plus Network is a group of 80 steel fabricating companies with plants in the United States and Canada. Sherwin-Williams is a preferred member supplier of the Steel Plus Network, along with 35 other suppliers who work collaboratively with its fabricators.
Grundfos names industrial VP/business director
Kerry Baskins was promoted to the new position of vice president/business unit director for Grundfos Pumps in the United States, based in Olathe, KS. Formerly OEM sales manager for Grundfos in North America, Kerry will oversee its U.S. industrial pump sales and marketing efforts. He’ll implement a new corporate business unit structure as well as strategies to maintain the industrial unit’s record sales levels.
Siemens provides ships hypochlorination systems
Shipbuilder Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) awarded Siemens Water Technologies an order for 14 electrocatalytic Chloropac sodium hypochlorite generating systems. SHI will install them on liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers for three petrochemical companies. The systems will help prevent marine growth in components of the LNG carriers’ seawater cooling systems, including sea chests, piping, coolers, and heat exchangers.
GE gives Petro-Canada ecomagination award
At a GE World Water Tour event, GE Water & Process Technologies awarded Petro-Canada and the city of Edmonton with Canada’s first 2007 Global ecomagination Leadership Award for its ground-breaking partnership, which implemented an environmentally-sustainable water management solution for the region. In other news, building on its acquisition of GE Water’s dialysis water business, Cantel Medical Corp.’s Mar Cor Purification subsidiary agreed to buy the water-related assets of Dialysis Services Inc. (DSI), of Springfield, TN.
PNNL lands three R&D awards
The Pacific Northwest National Laboratory won three of R&D Magazine’s prestigious R&D 100 Awards. The U.S. DOE facility was recognized for a new material that improves detection of toxic heavy metals in water; for a device that manages heat and water in fuel processors and fuel cell systems; and for software that extracts and analyzes data in the most useful format for users.
Among other recent headlines at www.industrialww.com, see:
- Veolia Environmental Services acquires Marisol, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific acquires OptiCell product line
- ABB names North America regional manager, head of ABB U.S.
- FCI thermal mass flow switches & flow meters receive IEC approval
- Tyco appoints Decker as president of Flow Control segment
- EPA orders Raytheon, Air Force to clean up contaminated Tucson site
- REOTEMP becomes authorized Red Valve service & repair facility
- Ex-Im Bank extends 15-year water, renewable energy project financing
- Foster Wheeler awarded CFB steam generator by Doosan Heavy Industries
- Schneider Electric becomes a principal member of ODVA
- Earth Tech appoints Dale Sands to lead environmental business
- Invensys completes Cimnet acquisition on schedule
- Three Siemens UV systems certified for U.S. drinking water use
- UTEK, American Leak Detection enter technology acquisition alliance
- Akzo Nobel coatings unit buys Ceilcote from German-based KCH Group
- Severn Trent Services UV system receives EPA validation test certification
- Elster AMCO Water Inc. acquires France’s Coronis Systems
- EPA considers how to develop vessel discharge permit program
- Godwin Pumps hires new marketing, branch manager
- Suncor Energy selects GE Water for oil sands solution