For emergency response, the USEPA recommends the following parameters be analyzed:
|A common poison and industrial pollutant
|Measures the disinfection power in water
|Dissolved materials in water can cause discoloration. Testing color can provide information on the amount of organic material in the water.
|PESTICIDE / NERVE AGENTS
|These agents affect the central nervous system and can be life-threatening.
|A basic water quality parameter, indicating how acidic or basic a sample is.
|TOTAL DISSOLVED SOLIDS (TDS)
|TDS is used to indicate water quality and give insight to possible chemical contaminants.
|Chemiluminescence is the generation of light. This method is used to check for toxins in water.
With the Hach Eclox™ Rapid Response Water Test Kit, you get all the equipment needed to analyze for these parameters, in the convenience of a rugged field test kit.
Designed to be used in the field, this easy-to–use kit weighs only 20 pounds and is comprised of various test strips, hand held meters and reagents. The Eclox has uses for both military and municipal applications:
- Test source waters for rapid indication of water quality
- Determine by what means source water needs to be purified
- Test product water to ensure effective operation of purification systems
- Rapid on-stie detection of contamination – whether accidental or intentional
- Environmental monitoring
- Natural disaster response – evaluate water quality following a hurricane, flood, tornado, etc
- Pollution incident tracking – figure the likely source of pollutant contamination