Egyptian government, European groups partner for water system improvements

Nov. 27, 2013

CAIRO — The improvements include rehabilitation projects and new construction in Egypt.

CAIRO — The Egyptian Ministry of International Cooperation signed a new agreement titled Programme II (IWSP II) with a number of European bodies for the improvement of water and wastewater services, according to an article by Daily News Egypt.

The project will include rehabilitation projects for existing water and sanitation facilities and the construction of new ones, with the goal of improving public health, the article reported.

The German Development Bank (KFW) will be the main financier of the project, also supported by the European Union (EU), French Development Agency (AFD), European Investment Bank (AIB) and Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO), the article noted.

According to the article, the European institutions will finance 69 percent of the total cost of the projects while the Egyptian government will provide the remaining 31 percent.

Read the full article here.

Sponsored Recommendations

NFPA 70B a Step-by-Step Guide to Compliance

NFPA 70B: A Step-by-Step Guide to Compliance

MV equipment sustainability depends on environmentally conscious design values

Medium- and low voltage equipment manufacturers can prepare for environmental regulations now by using innovative MV switchgear design that eliminates SF6 use.

Social Distancing from your electrical equipment?

Using digital tools and apps for nearby monitoring and control increases safety and reduces arc flash hazards since electrical equipment can be operated from a safer distance....

Meet the future of MV switchgear

SureSeT new-generation metal-clad. Smarter. Smaller. Stronger.