Boy at summer camp allegedly passes away due to contaminated tap water

July 11, 2014

FRANCE — The camp had been under orders to serve only bottled water since July 4, 2014, after tests had revealed the presence of coliform bacteria in its water source.

FRANCE — An 8-year-old boy who was attending summer camp in southwestern France has allegedly passed away due to the tap water, which was known to be contaminated, according to The Local.

Seven other children staying at the camp are also suffering from the effects of the contaminated water at the St. Bernard Chalet at the camp in the Ariege area, noted the article.

An autopsy has revealed that the boy died from an acute intestinal infection. Supposedly he became sick after a few days of being at the camp, which had been under orders to serve only bottled water since July 4, 2014, after tests had revealed the presence of coliform bacteria in its water source, stated the article.

Read the entire article here.

Sponsored Recommendations

Meet the future of MV switchgear

SureSeT new-generation metal-clad. Smarter. Smaller. Stronger.

A digital circuit breaker built for the future

EvoPacT medium voltage digital vacuum circuit breaker

The New Generation of Intelligent MV Switchgear

Step into the future of electrical infrastructure with Intelligent MV Switchgear - where traditional equipment becomes smart, providing real-time data on critical components like...

Switchgear goes digital with SureSeT

Discover what you can do with Square D natively digital MV metal-clad switchgear.