All the dealers I know spend their hard-earned dollars generating quality leads for their salespeople.
The question is whether those leads are worked to the max.
These statistics come from an article by Gary Johnson, published in the National Association of Sales Professionals blog.
- 48 percent of sales people never follow up with a prospect.
- 25 percent of sales people make a second contact and stop.
- 12 percent of sales people only make three contacts and stop.
- Only 10 percent of sales people make more than three contacts.
- 2 percent of sales are made on the first contact.
- 3 percent of sales are made on the second contact.
- 5 percent of sales are made on the third contact.
- 10 percent of sales are made on the fourth contact.
- 80 percent of sales are made on the fifth to twelfth contact.
Bottom line: Until the order is signed, sealed, delivered and installed, keep following up.
Dataman Group Direct provides a complete suite of marketing services for the water treatment industry, including direct mail and telemarketing lists, email list appending and deployment, website design and upgrades, SEO services and content for blogs and newsletters. Water treatment dealers can reach the pros at Dataman Group at 800-771-3282 for additional information on how to use content like this to inspire consumers in their markets.