Hayward Flow Control recently announced the addition of 10- and 12-inch sizes to its industry leading WCV Series Full Pattern Wafer Check Valves. The large diameter WCV Series features a robust thermoplastic injection molded construction with the revolutionary angle seat & disc design. Integral bolt eyes and hand grip are molded into the body for ease of installation and safety. The unique seat and disc design allows for high flow capacities exceeding other thermoplastic wafer checks, and equal to or better than most metal wafer checks. The full pattern design also eliminates the need for spacers or specialty flanges allowing for easy installation.
The WCV Series 10-inch and 12-inch valves are available in PVC & CPVC materials. Both sizes have maximum pressure rating of 150psi / 10bar non-shock at 70°F / 21°C and fit ANSI150 Class flanges. Size 10 inch / DN250 valves will also fit PN10 flanges.
Other key features and benefits include:
- One-piece disc and shaft design
- Integrated disc O-ring seal
- 316 Stainless Steel or Hastelloy® springs
- FPM or EPDM O-rings and face seals
- Light weight design vs. metal check valves
- Lower closing pressure than swing check valves
- No exposed fasteners or retainer clips
- Can be installed in vertical or horizontal position
- Ease of repair
- Made in the USA
Typical applications or installations include but are not limited to waste and water treatment, mining, aquatic and animal life support systems.