Held biennially, the Chem Show will return to New York, Oct. 22–24, bringing together hundreds of exhibitors and thousands of attendees from all segments of the chemical processing industry (CPI) as they seek ways to optimize their process operations.
The Chem Show’s 2019 seminar program will include 30 technical sessions hosted by exhibiting partners covering the latest trends, issues and opportunities throughout the CPI. Seminars are free for attendees and designed to offer optimization and efficiency best practices for plant managers, chemical and control engineers and other plant operations personnel.
Exhibitor solutions for processing needs
Attendees can view products and technologies to be featured at the show by visiting the Chem Show website and using the search feature. Search results can be filtered in alphabetical order, by exhibitor company name or by product category. Attendees can create a My Show Planner user account to map out a full Chem Show experience and build a schedule of education seminars, product and technology presentations and booth visits. Below is a brief overview of the innovation and equipment that will be on display:
Process, production, environmental/safety equipment
• A self-cleaning water filtration system that uses automatic filters to offer direct filtration to dirty water sources.
• Solutions to detect and temporarily contain hazardous leaks and sprays that occur when piping connections fail and offer protection from employee injury, negative environmental impact and damage to investments.
• A cooling tower constructed using antimicrobial resins that prevent the uncontrolled growth of microorganisms and biofilm inside the vessel.
• An ultrasonic extractor designed for industrial processes requiring high energy demands and large volume production in application uses such as homogenization, emulsification, dispersing, extraction and more.
Process controls, instruments, meters and testing
• An ultrasonic flowmeter that measures small volume flows with precision, linearity and low pressure drops typically used in chemical, food, beverage, pharmaceutical and medical industry applications.
• An analytics platform that assists process engineers in the visualization, analysis and monitoring of production data.
• A wireless pump controller accessible via IoT-enabled sharing on a mobile device or computer that allows for the control of multiple pumps simultaneously to calibrate, totalize, as well as run batch and pump algorithms.
Filtration/separation equipment and products
• Simulation-based capabilities that allow operators to explore process and optimization from concept through manufacturing scale-up.
• An automatic backwash filter designed for fine filter ratings down to 1 micrometer, which is ideal for chemical, petrochemical and other industrial processes.
• Rotary drum vacuum filters for continuous filtration and clarification of liquid product for pharmaceutical, biotechnology and other CPI applications.
Pumps, valves, piping and tubing
• Sealless pumps designed with mag drive technology that offer leak-proof pumping using corrosion-resistant engineered plastics, as well as flow ranges to 200 gpm and pressures to 166 feet of head.
• A control valve designed using aerospace methods for fluid control, sealing and mechanical systems that reduces fugitive emissions by up to 95%.
• An ultrasonic processing system to move liquid material to the ultrasonic reactor at constant flow and constant pressure.
• A calibration software platform that aids in the planning, management, analysis and documentation of all calibration work and assets safely and efficiently in regulated industries where seamless integration of IT systems is critical to business efficiency, profitability and growth.
• A liquid bulk transfer system that mitigates product loss while reducing processing time, environmental impact and worker safety risks.
In addition to exhibitor booth displays on the show floor, the 2019 Chem Show will host an Equipment and Technology Showcase in which exhibitors will present an overview of the CPI’s latest technologies available on the market as well as those debuting at the show. Each presentation will last approximately 20 minutes and will be held on the exhibit floor.
Tues., Oct. 22, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Wed., Oct. 23, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Thurs., Oct. 24, 8:30 a.m.–3 p.m.