This year’s PROCESS EXPO brings an extensive education program to provide processors and suppliers with the latest research and innovations in the food industry. The program will address many topics including food safety, hygienic design, and water treatment.
One key presentation with a focus on water treatment and reuse includes “Pasteurized Equivalent Water” given by Ismail Gobulukoglu, the chief scientist at Aquafine Corporation, on Wednesday, September 20. Gobulukoglu will cover a recent update to the Grade “A” Pasteurized Milk Ordinance (PMO), the approval of ultraviolet (UV) disinfection to create pasteurized equivalent water for use in cleaning and rinsing applications. This could be used instead of traditional heat treatments.
Also, Jeff Socio with Pentair will present “Turning Waste Streams into Value Streams in Dairy Processing Facilities” on September 19. He will discuss case studies of current installations of how food processing waste streams such as condensate of whey and wastewater can be treated (anaerobic digestion or fermentation) in such a way that they generate biogas.
More show highlights include:
- Networking with decision makers, R&D professionals, engineers, scientists and other professionals from small to large processing companies as well as contract manufacturers and suppliers
- Accessing a large collection of equipment manufacturers focused on food and beverage processing
- Suppliers displaying new equipment and technology in food and beverage processing and packaging
- Attendees also represent a cross-section of vertical markets in addition to manufacturers outside the food industry that can benefit from the machines, products, and safety issues. Vertical markets include:
- Bakery, grains, seeds and snacks
- Meat, poultry and seafood
- Prepared foods, fruits and vegetables
- Confectionery, candy and sweets
- Pet foods
September 19–22, 2017
Tue., Sept. 19, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Wed., Sept. 20, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Thu., Sept. 21, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Fri., Sept. 22, 9 a.m.–1 p.m.
To find more information and to register, go to myprocessexpo.com