• High Sierra Water Services files patent for on-site, portable water treatment technology
DENVER, CO, June 7, 2010 -- High Sierra Water Services, a leading flowback and produced water treatment specialist, announced today that it has filed a patent for an on-site, portable water treatment technology designed to treat produced water and focus on the removal of scale-forming compounds. This patent is based on the process of chemical precipitation and offers a flexible approach that allows various precipitating reagents to be used, depending upon location and economic factors.
For oil and gas operators, this process provides the following benefits:
• Flexibility in the volume of water treated: The process can be setup to treat as much as 20,000 barrels of water per day or as little as 2,000 barrels of water per day.
• Adaptability to fixed facilities: The technology is designed to be used in a portable setting, but is adaptable for use in a fixed, central facility as well.
• Ease of chemical transportation: The process allows operators to select treatment chemistry based on ease of material handling at the drilling site.
• Supports using a "green" water recycling approach: The process offers an environmentally friendly option to treat produced water for recycling use, which reduces vehicle traffic because water does not need to be transferred to another location for disposal purposes.
"This is another example of how High Sierra Water Services adopts the best available technology into its patented processes and offers industry-leading options for water treatment," said Mark Marcin, Senior Project Development Engineer of High Sierra Water Services. "Because we are not tied to one single approach or technology, we have the flexibility to develop solutions like this that address the real-world challenges and economics that our oil and gas industry partners face."
High Sierra Water Services
High Sierra Water Services partners with leading oil and gas companies to provide treatment for recycling or surface discharge of produced and flowback water. With a focus on long-term, sustainable options, we offer water treatment solutions specifically designed to meet the needs of our energy industry partners through state-of-the-art water treatment technology. High Sierra Water Services is a division of High Sierra Energy , a diversified, midstream energy company, headquartered in Denver, Colorado. Currently, we have operations in the Pinedale Anticline region of Wyoming and in parts of Oklahoma and Kansas, with future expansion plans throughout the U.S. and Canada. Web: www.highsierrawater.com; www.highsierraenergy.com