• Establish compressor dry gas seal retrofit program
DALLAS, TX, Sept. 12, 2007 -- Flowserve Corporation, a global leader in the fluid motion and control industry, and Wood Group Light Industrial Turbines Division, part of the Gas Turbine Services division of John Wood Group PLC (Wood Group), announce a cooperative agreement to establish a compressor dry gas seal retrofit program. This agreement will provide for a wide range of compressor overhaul and mechanical seal upgrade solutions to the oil and gas marketplace.
As industry leaders, Flowserve and Wood Group, through their combined efforts, offer customers a unique combination of capabilities and experience to deliver turnkey compressor upgrade solutions. From overhauls to performance enhancements, the two organizations will jointly focus on taking compressor and mechanical seal upgrade services to a new level for the oil and gas and chemical industries.
This cooperation agreement represents a one-stop shop for installation, commissioning, repair, service and related auxiliary equipment. The advantage for customers will include leveraging the mutual technical and logistical resources.
"Flowserve offers extensive experience in dry gas seal retrofits, providing turnkey solutions for gas pipelines, refineries and chemical plants," says John Sears, Flowserve global director of compressor seal sales, retrofits and systems in the Flow Solutions division.
"With expertise developed through retrofitting compressors and turbo expanders around the world for more than 25 years, Flowserve designs to customer requirements while reducing or eliminating the need for unit and shaft modifications. The result is reduced life-cycle costs and maximized reliability."
"Wood Group offers extensive experience in compressors and turbines," according to Iain Murray, president, Americas, Wood Group Light Industrial. "From full overhaul, component manufacture, repair processes and redesign of turbomachinery equipment around the globe, Wood Group strives to provide smarter, faster, safer and flexible solutions to customer needs.
"This cooperative agreement takes advantage of the synergies of both companies. Wood Group can provide a number of mechanical seal repair and dry gas retrofit opportunities, as well as offer worldwide operational support. Flowserve can provide access to numerous compressor upgrade opportunities that are part of their core focus of mechanical seal repairs, dry gas retrofits, and auxiliary seal support systems."
Service benefits from Flowserve with this cooperation agreement will include:
• Engineering services, including application design, rotor dynamic analysis and machine design
• Finite element analysis
• Project management
• Installation and commissioning
• Dry gas mechanical seals
• Engineered dry gas control panels, including AmpliflowTM, CleanpacTM, Dry PacTM and N2 GenpacTM
• Training and technology transfer back to the customer
• Mechanical seal leasing program, ReadySealTM
Retrofit advantages from Flowserve through this relationship will include:
• Improved safety and equipment reliability
• Increased pipeline process through reduced contamination
• Improved efficiency by eliminating process contamination
• Reduced product losses and emissions to the environment
• Reduced oil and energy consumption
• Reduced shaft horsepower losses
• Risk management
Wood Group Services
Designing compressor staging, and stage-by-stage calculation, benefits from the Wood Group in this cooperation agreement will include:
• Providing customers with calculated compressor curves
• Providing production with the part definition for compressor staging
• Detailed verification after receiving the order
• Pre-order reports, including compressor maps and design point parameters
• Detailed CFD calculations that provide information of the inside impeller flow, and calculated loss coefficients for the performance programs
Customized compressor and generator packages through the Wood Group will include:
• Fully functional packages built on order
• New or refurbished components, at like-new condition and warranty
• In-factory string testing for the whole assembly, ensuring fast installation and operational setup
• Tailored solutions to fit customer needs
• Overhauled gas turbine drivers with "as-new" guaranteed performances
• Overhauled and customized gas compressors, aerodynamically staged to best fit the application for suction and discharge conditions, efficiency, local gas composition, driver engine power and speed curves, and site elevation and ambient temperature
Customers can contact Wood Group or Flowserve sales representative for additional information.
Flowserve Corp. is one of the world's leading providers of fluid motion and control products and services. Operating in more than 55 countries, the company produces engineered and industrial pumps, seals and valves as well as a range of related flow management services.
Wood Group is an international energy services company with $3.5 billion in sales, employing 22,000 people worldwide and operating in 46 countries. Wood Group has three businesses-Engineering & Production Facilities, Well Support and Gas Turbine Services-providing a range of engineering, production support, maintenance management, and industrial gas turbine overhaul and repair services to the oil and gas, and power generation industries worldwide.