ALEXANDRA, Va. — Sept. 17, 2015 — The WEFTEC 2015 Water Leaders Session will feature a keynote address by Stan Meiburg, acting deputy administrator for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), according to a press release. http://www.weftec.org/
The session on “The Impact of Leadership: Culture, Communication and Community in Great Water Cities,” is part of the Monday morning program for the 88th annual Water Environment Federation’s (WEF) technical exhibition and conference, noted the release. The program will be held Monday, Sept. 28, from 10-11:45 a.m.
Strong leadership is essential as utilities are faced with rapidly changing challenges to maintain uninterrupted, high-quality water and wastewater services, stated the release. In the past, WEF has included leaders with knowledge and experience to present lessons they have learned.
The session features an expert panel experienced in the culture surrounding water and improve public communications and engagement, reported the release. Included in the panel are:
- Stan Meiburg, Acting Deputy Administrator, U.S. EPA (Keynote Speaker)
- David St. Pierre, Executive Director, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago (Moderator)
- Felicia Marcus, Chair, State Water Resources Control Board, State of California
- Tony Parrott, Executive Director, Louisville and Jefferson County Metropolitan Sewer District
- Lars Schroeder, CEO, Aarhus Water Ltd.
- Susan Story, President and CEO, American Water
For more information on WEFTEC 2015 or to register, click here.