TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The leak occurred at the City of Madison Waste Water Treatment Facility, in Madison County, yesterday and caused an evacuation of the facility and hospitalization of workers, according to a new report from WCTV.tv.
According to the report, two workers were injured and treated at the local hospital.
Members of the Tallahassee Fire Department's Hazardous Materials Team were alerted of the report of a chlorine leak at the facility, stated the report.
Officials and the Tallahassee Fire Department noted that a one-ton chlorine cylinder was the site of the leak.
By night, the area was deemed safe for occupancy, added the report.
Read the entire article here.