Hydranautics among 330 to join climate registry
Hydranautics is the first US-based membrane manufacturer to join The Climate Registry and commit to report greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in this important public forum. It joins over 330 major companies, cities, government and NGOs committed to tracking, reducing and making public their GHG emissions. Other members of note include the Los Alamos National Lab, U.S. Postal Service, Sierra Nevada Brewing, Tetra Tech, Subaru, Alcoa, Shell Oil, Malcolm Pirnie and Virgin America. In other news, DuBois Chemicals is now participating in the USEPA Climate Leaders program, a similar effort.
ADI Systems wins MillerCoors contract for MBR facility
MillerCoors has awarded Canada's ADI Systems Inc. a design-build contract for a new membrane bioreactor facility for its brewery near Elkton, VA. The new ADI-MBR facility is designed to treat effluent from two existing anaerobic reactors to meet new nitrogen and phosphorus discharge limits and replaces a conventional activated sludge system. These new, stricter discharge limits are being imposed as part of a five-state effort to reduce nutrient loadings to Chesapeake Bay.
Hach, ATL announce partnership
Hach announced two recent developments involving its Water Information Management Solution™ (WIMS™). It and Accelerated Technology Laboratories Inc. (ATL), a leading supplier of lab information management systems (LIMS) agreed to a joint marketing, technology and customer migration partnership. The collaboration includes integration of Hach WIMS and ATL Sample Master® LIMS and enhanced integration of Sample Master LIMS with Hach's lab instruments. In other news, WIMS is now able to link to GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms' Water Solutions Pack 2008. This highly configurable solution presents critical information of water system operations, including process, lab and field data, to plant personnel directly from the SCADA system.
Among other recent headlines at www.industrialww.com, see:
- McIlvaine: World ultrapure water among markets to rebound in 2010
- HDPE pipe-maker ADS announces growth initiatives in North, South America
- Obama Administration attacks environmental impacts of mountaintop coal mining
- Sherwin-Williams Industrial & Marine Coatings now Protective & Marine Coatings
- National Automation Services adds Costa Mesa, CA's Control Engineering Inc.
- PepsiCo sustainability director to address global water crises at WaterSmart event
- Air Products adopts GE Water remote wireless monitoring solution
- Water Standard chooses ERI as strategic partner for ship-based desalination
- Connecticut utility to adopt MWH Soft's wastewater/stormwater modeling software
- Pure Technologies buys PipeEye, unveils submersible P-Wave pipe testing system
- Val-Matic Valve & Mfg. Corp. meets requirements of ARRA 2009 (b)
- MACTEC to provide groundwater monitoring, soil testing at Anchorage airport
- ANSI approved as accreditation body in EPA WaterSense Program
- Matrikon, Wurldtech to address cyber risk in industrial automation systems
- Sensortechnics CLC level sensor wins honors at ‘Best of Sensors Expo' Awards
- KMS supplies UF modules to BMW's Spartanburg, SC, auto plant