DENVER, CO, Dec. 31, 2014 -- CH2M HILL, a global full-service consulting, design, construction, program management, and operations firm, is focusing on five key industries -- mining; upstream oil and gas; downstream oil, gas and chemicals; power, and industrials -- and has officially introduced the leaders of its water team responsible for leading the firm's private sector water business.
- Peter Nicol is the global managing director, responsible for overseeing CH2M HILL's public and private sector water business. Nicol brings more than 34 years of experience supervising and managing water and wastewater projects to this role.
- Ken Martins has been selected as the new private sector global service leader. Martins is a senior principal technologist and professional engineer with more than 32 years of experience in design, construction and operation of water and wastewater treatment systems. In this role, he will be responsible for leading and growing a high-performance technology team to address the most complex water challenges faced by industrial clients. Martins also serves as the global technology leader for mining.
- Kristen Jenkins has been appointed as the new deputy global service leader and is also the global technology leader for the power market. Jenkins brings more than 20 years of experience in industrial pollution prevention assessments, permitting and compliance. As deputy leader, she will work with Martins to spearhead CH2M HILL's industrial water technology talent and technical tools and implement best practices to solve clients' most complex needs.
Market segment leaders have also been named to lead the five core industries. These individuals are responsible for developing and implementing market and client strategy, building client relationships and ensuring client needs and expectations are met, as well as stewarding business development opportunities within each respective sector.
- Phil Benson has been appointed as the mining and industrials market segment leader. Transitioning from his role in Ooperations, Benson brings more than 30 years of experience in project management, technical delivery and client sponsorship to these new roles.
- Becky Tomasek has been appointed the upstream oil and gas market segment leader. Tomasek has worked in the oil and gas industry for more than 16 years. She joined CH2M HILL earlier this year from Swire Oilfield Services, where she worked as vice president of strategy, research and development, and business development. Tomasek previously worked at Dow Oil & Gas.
- Samir Dave is the downstream oil, gas, and chemicals market segment leader. Dave has extensive experience managing all phases of refinery and petrochemical water and wastewater treatment design and upgrade projects. With more than 25 years of experience in the oil, gas and chemical industry, he has led numerous multidisciplinary engineering teams through all phases of project development, from studies through large capital projects. Dave's experience includes working for most of the major oil and gas companies, such as ExxonMobil, Shell, Chevron, and Marathon, as well as Dow Chemicals.
- Kar Munirathinam has also been appointed the global technology leader for the downstream oil, gas, and chemicals market, bringing 35 years of combined industrial and academic experience.
- Mike Bobinecz joined CH2M HILL as the power market segment leader in June, 2014, and is responsible for leading the firm's water and wastewater services for power generation. Prior to CH2M HILL, Bobinecz worked as vice president of construction management at BrightSource Energy Inc., and was responsible for leading the Ivanpah Project -- the world's largest concentrated solar project outside of Las Vegas, Nev. He also worked for Bechtel Power and Babcock and Wilcox. His experience in business development and project management, combined with his deep knowledge of fossil fuel power projects, will be beneficial in his new role.
About CH2M HILL
Headquartered near Denver, Colorado, USA, employee-owned CH2M HILL is a global leader in consulting, design, design-build, operations, and program management for government, civil, industrial and energy clients. The firm’s work is concentrated in the areas of water, transportation, environment, energy, and facilities. For more information, visit www.ch2mhill.com.