No better place exists for the annual Water Environment Federation’s Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC) this year than its birthplace, Chicago. When WEFTEC kicks off Sept. 30 at McCormick Place, the show will be celebrating its 90th year.
Visit the Process Flow Network at Booth 5435.
Known as “The Water Quality Event,” WEFTEC has grown over the years to become the leading exhibition and conference in the water sector. The event is recognized as the world’s largest annual water exhibition, according to the organization, and is ranked in the top 1 percent of all trade shows in North America.
Attendees at the largest event of the year for the water industry will have the opportunity to participate in a range of continuing education, receive a firsthand look at the latest technologies and services for water treatment and monitoring, and network with leading names in the industry.
Sept. 30–Oct. 4
Mon., Oct. 2, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tue., Oct. 3, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Wed., Oct. 4, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
New this year
- Ready Room — Speakers and moderators for WEFTEC have access to the “Ready Room” web portal where speaking schedules can be confirmed, required forms can be submitted, bios and CV/resumes can be updated and more. A link to Ready Room is available at www.weftec.org.
- Chicago Concierge — Thi s complimentary dining and entertainment recommendation and reservation service is operated by hospitality experts Toque & Bottle Advisory in partnership with Choose Chicago. They are available to assist WEFTEC participants both in advance of the event and on-site.
- 2017 WEFTEC mobile app — The app provides advanced and on-site planning for attendees. Receive information about exhibitors, speakers and events, find other attendees, and connect with colleagues. Build a personalized schedule, view session abstracts, and download event handouts and presentations via the app. Locate exhibitors on the maps and view what is happening currently or in the next 30 minutes with the on-site feature “What’s on Now.”
Meetings and networking events
In addition to the exhibition and formal technical program, WEFTEC offers many opportunities for networking and learning, including committee and technical meetings. These opportunities range from social events to facility tours, educational sessions and engagements during breakfasts, luncheons, receptions and fundraising functions.
- Networking and career fair — Students and young professionals will have an opportunity to expand their knowledge of the water quality sector and improve their interviewing skills for future job opportunities in the water sector.
- Facility tours — WEFTEC will feature seven tours to observe construction, special projects, and operations at sites within the local host community, as well as an opportunity to earn Contact Hours.
- Global center services — The Global Center provides resources for matching international trade delegates and exhibitors with an eye on the worldwide market. Make important contacts and gain additional knowledge by interacting with the leading manufacturers and representatives in the water and wastewater industry.
- Stormwater Congress luncheon — Christine Zimmer is the senior manager of water and climate change science for Credit Valley Conservation. She is recognized as an industry expert in watershed management, green infrastructure and stormwater vulnerability analysis. As the home for stormwater professionals, WEFTEC also hosts the popular Stormwater Congress, a special conference-within-a-conference that focuses exclusively on the importance of this segment in the water sector.
Each year, thousands of water and wastewater professionals from around the world attend WEFTEC. Network with thousands of the world’s leading water and wastewater professionals.
View the latest cutting-edge technologies from more than 900 leading companies. Exhibitors include:
- AdEdge Water Technologies LLC
- Asahi/America Inc.
- Badger Meter Inc.
- Blue-White Industries
- Dow Water & Process Solutions
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- GE Power, Water & Process Technologies
- H2O Innovation Inc.
- Myron L Company
- Nidec Motor Company
- Pentair Flow Technologies
WEFTEC allows attendees to gain more knowledge about the latest information in the water industry through workshops and technical sessions. Attendees can earn continuing education units and professional development hours for activities at the event.
Learn about specific topics in an in-depth and hands-on manner. Twenty-six workshops will cover a wide range of topics, such as:
- Collection systems
- Energy conservation and management
- Residuals and biosolids
- Water reuse/recycling
The WEF Program Committee selects workshops through a rigorous process that ensures they are targeted and organized. The WEFTEC mobile app contains the most complete and up-to-date information on workshops.